Wow. Awesome Lunch! First I want to thank McDo, EON, and Nuffnang for making this possible. It was a great privilege for this blog to be invited for the new McDo Big N’ Tasty product launching for bloggers. Again I met new friends and was surprised that Jinkee Umali, the famous blogger of calamba-online.com, was also there in the event. We talked a lot about blogging and she happily told me the story and motivation about her blog. I also shared how my blog started, what I blog about and awesome story of this blog (Thanks Dota Players! 😉 ).
Registration started at exactly 10:30AM and I was amazed of the BIG I.D that was given to me and the BIG freebies in the table. By the way, this McDo branch is located at Makati Cinema Square. (Thanks Sir Joell!) 🙂
Adi Timbol, PR and Communications Manager of McDonald’s, was the energetic host of the event. She started with the game “Bring Me” and luckily I won some coupons for being the blogger with the largest hand. McDo also served us their famous Ice Coffee drink.
Christina Lao, Marketing Manager of McDonald’s, introduced the new McDonald’s Big N’ Tasty. They surprised us with the parade of their cute mascots. Ms. Lao told us interesting facts about the burger. You must really try and taste this burger because of the very high grade tomatoes and the secret delicious Big N’ Tasty sauce.
If you are wondering about the nutritional sides about it, the Big N’ Tasty patties are grilled and not fried in oil. So there are less oil and fats on it. Hopefully I can get a more detailed nutritional facts of it.
Thank you McDo and to my readers, go and try Big N’ Tasty! Enjoy! 🙂
(Thanks to EON for some of the Pictures).
Hi Guys! 🙂 Just want to share the technologies we used to build our thesis: UKnight: A Social Learning Management System. We love the web so much and the awesome technologies that can be used to build things beyond your imagination.
Our thesis is generally built using:
We explored a lot in making the application fast and deployed in:
- Media Temple
- Amazon Web Service (EC2 Cloud) Free Tier
These are products of sleepless night of research and testing of different libraries out there in the web. Do not limit yourselves on these. Go to your favorite search engine and do find what is best for your thesis.
- Rochak Zip – Create Zip Files using PHP
- xhttp – A very good library for interacting with APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Globe Labs SMS, Crocodoc Etc.)
- Datatables – Table plugin for jQuery
- FullCalendar – Calendar plugin for jQuery
- PLupload – For uploading files using different technologies
- tcpdf – For creating PDF files using PHP! This can be used for creating reports
- class.upload.php – For uploading files and images with resizing, cropping and other image manipulation capabilities
- Twitter Bootstrap – A lot of ready made User Interface for you.
- Bootbox – A great partner with Twitter Bootstrap.
- underscore.js – We have a lot of AJAX and JSON implementation and used underscore.js for templating.
- Database Class
- URL Routing
Tips: Do mockup designs for your UI (User Interface). Literally draw it in a piece of paper or notebook and discuss as a group. In our case, we revised our UI design four times before we came up with our final user interface design. Also greatly consider UX (User Experience) for your thesis.When we are building our thesis, we didn’t consider using frameworks and built everything from scratch. If you have time to study PHP frameworks like (CodeIgniter) and implement it your thesis that would be awesome!
P.S: I dedicate this post to my thesismates (Ana and Kim):